Special to the Transcript
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has notified Town officials of thirty-six (36) additional confirmed positive cases of the virus in Winthrop since our last reporting on Feb. 11. This brings the total number of cases up to 1,919, with 35 deceased, 47 in isolation and 1,837 recovered.
The Winthrop Public Health will be offering assistance to those who may have difficulty registering for the Covid vaccine.
Anyone in need can call the EOC number at 617-539-5837 or email [email protected]
Winthrop Stop the Spread Testing Information
Indoor Testing Now Available By Appointment Only
151 Pauline St: Located in the Old Middle School Gymnasium next to Larsen Rink
Testing Hours can be found on https://app.beacontesting.com/login.
Please register online at https://app.beacontesting.com/login to see available appointment slots.
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
• Individuals age 75 and older are eligible beginning February 1, 2021.
• Visit https://www.town.winthrop.ma.us/home/news/resources-residents-75-scheduling-covid-19-vaccine-appointments for more information
• Currently the vaccine supply is very limited and dependent of federal allocations.
• The Winthrop Health department does not have vaccine available and do not expect vaccines for at least 3-4 weeks (also dependent on how many doses the state receives)
• All appointments are made online for state-sponsored sites.
• If you are looking for a vaccine appointment, we suggest two things.
1.Contact your primary care provider; because of the limited supply they may not be doing distributions currently.
2. Look at state-sponsored sites that may have vaccine doses available. Not all sites will have appointments because of the limited supply.
For the most up to date information on vaccines in Massachusetts, go to:
The Town encourages everyone to stay informed regarding COVID-19. The following websites are recommended for the most updated information:
Town of Winthrop COVID-19 resource page: WinthropCOVID19.com
Town of Winthrop Official Website: www.town.winthrop.ma.us
Massachusetts Department of Public Health: www.mass.gov/covid-19
Massachusetts 2-1-1 general COVID-19 information: Click here or dial 2-1-1 (24/7)
United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: www.cdc.gov
The best way to contact the Public Health Department is by email at [email protected]