The Massachusetts Department of Public Health has notified Town officials of one-hundred and thirteen (113) additional confirmed positive cases of the virus in Winthrop since our last reporting on January 21.
These cases bring the total up to 1,754 confirmed positive cases with 34 deceased, 142 isolated and 1,579 recovered.
Winthrop Stop the Spread Testing Information
Indoor Testing is now available by appointment anly at 51 Pauline St.; located in the old Middle School Gymnasium next to Larsen Rink.
Testing Hours can be found on https://app.beacontesting.com/login.
Please register online at https://app.beacontesting.com/login to see available appointment slots.
Outdoor Testing through January 29
McKenna Basketball Courts: Next to 5 Walden St.
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Saturday: 12 – 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Thursday: Walk-up only
COVID-19 Vaccine Information
• Individuals age 75 and older are eligible beginning February 1, 2021.
• On Wednesday, January 27, individuals 75 or older can begin making appointments for dates February 1 or later.
• Currently the vaccine supply is very limited and dependent of federal allocations.
• The Winthrop Health department does not have vaccine available and do not expect vaccines for at least 3-4 weeks (also dependent on how many doses the state receives)
• All appointments are made online for state-sponsored sites.
• If you are looking for a vaccine appointment, we suggest two things.
• Contact your primary care provider; because of the limited supply they may not be doing distributions currently.
• Look at state-sponsored sites that may have vaccine doses available. Not all sites will have appointments because of the limited supply.
• For the most up to date information on vaccines in Massachusetts, go to https://www.mass.gov/info-details/covid-19-vaccine-frequently-asked-ques…
The Town encourages everyone to stay informed regarding COVID-19. The following websites are recommended for the most updated information:
Town of Winthrop Official Website: www.town.winthrop.ma.us Massachusetts Department of Public Health: www.mass.gov/covid-19