PARKING BAN REMINDERS
The following information is for parking ban during a snow emergency.
- A parking ban will be in effect if there is a potential for 3” of snow. Residents are encouraged to be responsible and act responsively if they park a vehicle on the street.
- Flashing blue lights indicate a parking ban is in effect or pending in Winthrop. Cars should be removed from the streets and relocated to municipal lots and designated parking areas so that the streets may be treated for ice and snow removal. Up to date information on parking bans can be found on the Town of Winthrop website, Town of Winthrop Facebook page, WCAT or the Town Manager’s blog.
- All automobiles and motor vehicles must be removed from the town streets upon penalty of being tagged and fined for violation of town parking regulations and/or being towed away at the expense of the owner, operator or responsible person, with the exception of the following streets:
– Bowdoin Street (odd numbered side from Buchanan to Bates Avenue)
– Brookfied Road (even numbered side of the street) – Morton Street (marsh side of the street) – River Road (even numbered side of the street) – Seaview Avenue (Even numbered side of street)
– Siren Street (odd numbered side of street) – Veterans Road (Golf club side/angle parking prohibited) – Waldemar Avenue (fence side from Main Street to Lincoln Street and Ingleside Park side from Lincoln Street to Pauline Street) – Winthrop Street (Odd numbered side from Magee’s Corner to Banks Street
- Obstruction of streets. Town bylaw prohibits anyone from obstructing the public street or sidewalk without a permit from the town council. Therefore, any chairs, barrels, traffic cones or other objects placed in the public way to “reserve” parking spaces will be removed and disposed of immediately.
- A map of available municipal parking can be found at: http://www.town.winthrop.ma.us/parking-clerk/pages/winter- parking
A NIGHT FOR KELLSEY
Mermaids, unicorns, and princesses should be the only focus of a five-year old girl. Our friend, Kellsey Allen, is a vibrant and beautiful little girl with a brain cancer diagnosis.
A fundraiser will be held on Saturday, March 25, 2017 at the Winthrop Yacht Club for “A Night for Kellsey”; a fundraising gala to raise money for her family and care expenses. This little girl is loved by so many. Please join us in showing her and her family love and support.
The event will feature light food, a cash bar, a silent auction, raffles and dancing. This is a 21+ event.
Tickets are available for $35 at Webster First Credit Union, RPM Fitness or reserve now by emailing [email protected]
We are actively seeking donations for raffle items and sponsors. Please contact us at [email protected]
NEW CAMP FOR FEBRUARY VACATION
The MA Sports League Camp offers a variety of sports including bubble soccer, flag football, wiffle ball, dodge ball, kickball and ultimate frisbee!
Every day is a new day of fun and challenges for the children. Each morning at the camp children will participate in a variety of activities and will be placed in groups according to age. Time is allotted for water and snack breaks (please bring your own).
The camp will run Tuesday through Friday, February 21- 24 at the Pauline St. gymnasium/old middle school from 9am – 12pm. Cost is $120 per child. REGISTER ONLINE AT www.winthroprec.com Space is limited.
REPORT STREET LIGHT OUTAGES ONLINE
The Town is asking for assistance from residents to identify malfunctioning street lights.
If you see a street light that is flickering, turning on and off intermittently, is out, or has another issue, please report it using our new online reporting form. You are not required to provide your name or any other identifying information, but there is space to leave this information in case a follow-up question is needed.
To submit a street light issue, please go to http://www.town.winthrop.ma.us/department-public- works/webforms/street-light-issue-reporting.
We will work to resolve the issue as quickly as possible, however, due to the nature of such issues, we will not respond directly to each report.