Tax Attack on Working Public Again
Attention: “Revenue can’t wait!” Rep. R. DeLeo.
This only two years after Speaker DeLeo enacted $18 million Legislative pay raises.
Unfortunately, nobody told the legislature that Massachusetts State revenue increased by 6.6 percent in 2019, and revenues are projected to increase by 2.7 percent in 2020.
Yet, our legislators will be discussing lifting $612 million more from the hard working public by:
• Raising the gas tax to $0.29 per gallon ($5.80 tax per fill up with a 20 gallon tank)
• Imposing $1 to $2 added fees on Uber and Lyft rides
• A rental car sales tax
• Raising minimum corporate tax rate by up to $150,000 from $456
• Adding tolls to non-toll roads
• Changing tolls at established tolling places
Suggestions to Legislators: Stop supporting Illegal Immigrants with state tax funds. This one action will free up over $2 billion per year for your hard working constituents.
Find the Winthrop Republican Town Committee on Facebook.
Steve Belmonte-Vice Chair