Winthrop School notes are as follows:
• Congratulations to Winthrop Elks Students of the Month for December: Grade 6: Evan McHugh & Audrey Carroll; Grade 7: Macy Werstak & Clark McHugh; Grade 8: Juliet Bettano & Grace Scorzella
• Congratulations to WHS Girls Hockey senior Julia Holmes who scored he 100th point on last week against Gloucester!
• Congratulations to Welvis Acosta for being selected to the Division 6 All State Team! Welvis was recognized as one of the top players in Division 6 as voted by the Massachusetts High School Football Coaches Association.
• Congratulations to Grace McCurdy for being selected as Winthrop Middle School’s Project 351 Ambassador!
• Winthrop Parents Network and the Department of Early Education & Care is hosting International Night 2023 on Thursday, January 26th from 6:30pm-7:30pm in the ATC Cafetorium. The event is free. Fore more information contact Anita Preble at [email protected]
• Winthrop Middle School Drama Society is performing “Moana Jr” on February 3 and 4 at 7:00pm, and February 5 at 2:00 pm in the Neil Shapiro Center for Performing Arts at Winthrop High School. Tickets are $10 general admission and $8 for students and seniors. Tickets can pe purchased online or cash only at the door!
• Preschool Registration begins February 1 -February 28. Child must be four years old by September 1, 2023. The full day program is Monday-Friday, 8:00 am-1:00 pm at a cost of $6,400.00. Half day morning session is Monday-Friday, 8:00am-10:30am at a cost of $3,300.00. Half day afternoon session is Monday-Friday, 10:30am-1:00pm at a cost of $3,100.00. Information and forms are on the school website.