The Center Business District (CBD) imporovement project has the following updates.
June 22 to June 25, 2020
• Begin construction of the new sewer main on Bartlett Rd., starting at French Sq. and heading towards Adams St. and install sewer service connections on Woodside Ave., between Somerset Ave. and Bartlett Rd., and on Bartlett Rd., near French Sq. and Adams St. Construction will occur between 8PM and 6AM, Monday night through Thursday night. See the notice regarding night work for additional information.
• Begin construction of the new water main on Woodside Ave. Construction will occur at the intersection of Pauline St. and Woodside Ave. and on Woodside Ave., between Pauline St. and Somerset St. Construction will occur between 8PM and 6AM, Monday night through Thursday night. See the notice regarding night work for additional information.
• Night work construction of the sewer main improvements on Woodside Ave. ends at 6 AM on June 26, 2020.
• Install temporary trench pavement for trenches excavated on Bartlett Rd., and Pauline St.
June 29 to July 3, 2020
• Continue construction of the new sewer main on Woodside Ave., between Bartlett Rd. and Adams St. Construction will occur during normal construction hours (7AM-3:30PM, Monday-Friday).
• Install temporary trench pavement for trenches excavated on Woodside Ave.
• NIGHT WORK: Continuing Monday, June 22nd, construction of the new sewer mains and sewer services on Woodside Ave between Somerset Ave and Bartlett Rd. and on Somerset Ave. between Woodside Ave. and Cottage Park Rd. will be performed from 8 PM and 6 AM, Monday night through Thursday night. No construction is planned for Friday night, Saturday night or Sunday night. Traffic can access French Sq. from Pleasant St. via Woodside Ave. and from Putnam St. via Jefferson St. during these construction hours. Temporary parking restrictions will be posted, traffic will be detoured around the work zone and residents can use the temporary parking lot at French Sq. for overnight parking during this period. Night work construction of sewer mains in this area end 6 AM Friday, June 26th. Normal construction hours will resume on June 29, 2020.
• Residents and businesses with temporary water service connections (blue hoses) are requested not to move these hoses or shut off the outside faucet the hoses are connected to. The hoses provide your property with water service during construction. If the outside faucet is closed, it will interrupt your water service. If the hose is moved it can create a trip hazard where the temporary water service crosses the sidewalk. Please do not move these hoses to perform yard work. If you have landscaping services at your property, please inform your landscaper not to move these hoses or shut off the outside faucet. Running over these hoses with a lawn mower cut the hoses and interrupt water service until the hose can be replaced. If you see a trip hazard, please contact Frank Fruci (P. Gioioso & Sons, Inc.) at (617) 592-3784 immediately to report the hazard.
• Occasionally, residents and businesses may experience discolored tap water because of construction activities. Construction may disrupt sediment in water pipes and cause it to become suspended in the water. Discolored water is not a health threat and is the result of low levels of naturally occurring iron in water. If you are experiencing water discoloration, flush your water from a faucet that does not have a screen (like the bathtub or outside spigot) until you get clear water. If your water is still discolored after several minutes of flushing, you may need to wait a few hours for the sediment to settle and the water in the main to clear.
Contact Information for the project is as follows:
ENGINEER – Woodard & Curran; Arthur Leventis, P.E.; Project Manager; (978) 482-7836 Joseph Lacasse; Resident Engineer; (978) 775-3044
CONTRACTOR – P. Gioioso & Sons, Inc.; Marco Gioioso, Project Manager; (617) 364-5800; Frank Fruci, Site Supervisor; (617) 207-3253; Gianna Gioioso, Assistant Project Manager; (617) 364-5800
TOWN – Steven Calla; DPW Director; (617) 846-1341