The following is a summary of the work completed this week in the Center Business District Project, and the work P. Gioioso & Sons, Inc. (contractor) has scheduled for the next two weeks. Please note, the anticipated schedule may vary due to unforeseen site conditions, weather conditions, or other factors out of the contractor’s control.
Work Completed Through November 13:
• Continued installation of water service connections to new water main for properties on Cottage Park Rd., between Somerset Ave. and Pleasant St.
• Continued installation of sewer service connections to new sewer main for properties on Cottage Park Rd., between Somerset Ave. and Pleasant St. and Woodside Ave. at French Sq.
• Began construction of the new storm drain on Woodside Ave., between French Sq. and Pleasant St. and continued construction of the new storm drain on Woodside Ave. at French Sq. Installed new storm drain pipe and catch basins.
• Completed construction of the new water main on Woodside Ave. at French Sq.
Two-Week Anticipated Schedule Until November 25:
1.November 16 to November 20
• No additional night work is scheduled for the 2020 construction season.
• Continue installation of water service connections to new water main for properties on Cottage Park Rd., between Somerset Ave. and Pleasant St. and Somerset Ave., between Cottage Park Rd. and Pleasant St.
• Continue construction of the new storm drain in the following locations:
i. Woodside Ave., between French Sq. and Pleasant St.
ii. Jefferson St. at French Sq.
iii. Bartlett Rd., from French Sq. to Adams St.
iv. Woodside Ave. at French Sq.
v. Somerset Ave., between Woodside Ave. and Pleasant St.
2. November 23 to November 25, 2020
• Continue installation of water service connections to new water main for properties on Somerset Ave., between Cottage Park Rd. and Pleasant St.
• Continue construction of the new storm drain on Bartlett Rd., between French Sq. and Adams St. and on Somerset Ave., between Cottage Park Rd. and Pleasant St. Install new drain manholes, catch basins and drain pipe.
• No construction will occur on Thursday, November 26th and Friday, November 27th, in observation of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Night Work Completed: Night work to construct storm drain, water main, and water and sewer services on Woodside Ave. at French Square is complete. Beginning Monday, November 16th, construction will only occur during normal construction hours, 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, Monday through Friday.
Residents and businesses with temporary water service connections (blue hoses) are requested not to move these hoses or shut off the outside faucet the hoses are connected to. The hoses provide your property with water service during construction. If the outside faucet is closed, it will interrupt your water service. If the hose is moved it can create a trip hazard where the temporary water service crosses the sidewalk. Please do not move these hoses to perform yard work. If you have landscaping services at your property, please inform your landscaper not to move these hoses or shut off the outside faucet. Running over these hoses with a lawn mower cut the hoses and interrupt water service until the hose can be replaced. If you see a trip hazard, please contact Frank Fruci (P. Gioioso & Sons, Inc.) at (617) 592-3784 immediately to report the hazard. Occasionally, residents and businesses may experience discolored tap water because of construction activities. Construction may disrupt sediment in water pipes and cause it to become suspended in the water. Discolored water is not a health threat and is the result of low levels of naturally occurring iron in water. If you are experiencing water discoloration, flush your water from a faucet that does not have a screen (like the bathtub or outside spigot) until you get clear water. If your water is still discolored after several minutes of flushing, you may need to wait a few hours for the sediment to settle and the water in the main to clear. Additionally, residents and businesses may also experience warm tap water due to the sun heating the temporary water mains. Similarly, please flush your water for several minutes until it has cooled.