The Town Clerk’s office is urging all residents to follow the proper guidelines for returning vote by mail ballots this election season. Voters will have the option of returning ballots by mail or hand delivering it to the drop box outside of the town offices. While the deadline is the close of polls on election day, residents are encouraged to submit their ballots as soon as possible to allow for efficient processing. It is also imperative that voters track their own ballots to ensure they are received properly. Ballots cannot be returned to the polling location on election day. They must be returned to the Town Clerk’s Office for processing before they are delivered by staff members to the polls to be cast on election day.
Voters who receive a vote by mail ballot and do not return it prior to election day, may vote in person and cast a ballot on election day. Any voter that has returned a vote by mail ballot or voted early in person is not permitted to appear to vote in person on election day. Mailed ballots include a postage pre-paid return ballot envelope that is addressed to the Town Clerk’s Office.
Precinct locations are listed below:
Precincts 2,5: Arthur T. Cummings School-enter on School Street adjacent to the playground cafeteria door
Precinct 4: John D. O’Connell Hall-9 Golden Drive
Precinct 1, 3, 6: Winthrop High School-400 Main Street, main entrance
Tips for following COVID-19 protocols:
• Wear a Face Covering
• Bring a Pen – Blue or Black ink sharpie or Paper Mate Flair (if you don’t want to borrow one)
• Bring a Clip Board or Book to mark your ballot on (if you don’t want to use a Voting Booth)
• Bring an ID – in some cases voters will be required to show an ID.
• Don’t touch your face while at the polling location
• Maintain Social Distancing – keep six feet away from anyone outside of your household
• Keep your ballot dry and free from hand sanitizers – to avoid tabulator issues
For quicker processing, it’s important that voters track their own ballot at the following: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/wheredoivotema/track/trackmyballot.aspx
For more information, please review the following: